4.16.2006

The not-so-little Mermaid and other stuff

You know in The Little Mermaid, where she finally gets her legs and is trying to walk and she's all wobbly and giddy with excitement? That's how Marleigh was on Friday night when I finally let her shave.

There just hadn't been a good time since I bought her razor kit. So Friday she came home from spending the day at a friends house and I took her into my bathroom where I told her to close her eyes and hold out her hands. Did you hear that squeal? It was loud, and ear piercing. She was absolutely thrilled.

We looked at all the shaving tips together and I gave her a few of my own. Then she sat on the edge of my bathtub with Selah and Tess and myself all looking on and she shaved. I think she's shaved every day since then. It's still new and exciting. I give her a month before she's sick of it and wishing she'd never asked to start.

Today is Easter Sunday and we went to church for the first time in a long while. We'd started back up full throttle at the first of the year and then fell out of it again. I hate that we do that. I'm going to try to make a very good effort to stay active. The kids need it, I need it. I teared up several times during songs and a video they played this morning. Just thinking of the sacrifice that was made for us and how I just don't nearly show the thankfulness that I should. Gotta get better. Really do.

Hubby has had the budget talk with me several times in recent months. The one that goes, "We really need to get on a budget." Now he's switched from that to actually making a budget which has me quite scared. I'm a bit of a shopaholic. Champagne taste on a beer budget. That's me all the way. Except that I keep spending the money like it's there which is, I think, what drove Hubby to come up with this budget of his. So far we have not sat down to go over it but I know I'm just one big shopping trip away from it. Not good.

No comments: