2.18.2007

5 mile run

Yep, 5 miles. I'm getting ready to go now. Wish me luck.

After being off for a while with my knee hurting and then the whole family passing around colds and the flu, I'm finally back at training this week. Since the time until the big race is considerably closer now I had to start on week 5 of my training schedule. I'm using a program from a book that gives you the days and mileage/minutes to train before the run. There are several different options for the half marathon, I chose "To Finish". I'm not looking for some great personal best time. Although I guess any time at all would be my personal best since I've never run before. My point is that I just want to finish the darn thing.

So far my knee has held up. Although I've only run twice this week for 20 minutes each. I do 2 minutes of walking and 3 minutes of running. The guy who wrote the book I'm reading is big on walking breaks. I like his thinking. I need lots of walking breaks. So today I'm supposed to go 5 miles. Sunday's are the long run days. Hubby is out right now doing 7 miles. Makes me want to hoark just thinking of it. Yet for some reason I really want to be a runner. It can be quite addicting. Getting out there and doing it and then saying, "Hey, I just ran X-number of miles." It's inspiring.

Now I just have to pray that my knee will be ok. Hopefully it will.

No comments: