4.30.2008

And the doctor said

No more monkies jumping on the bed!

Oh wait, wrong doctor.

So I went to the doctor. He looked at my foot, examined it, pushed around, asked some questions. Then he said it could just be a really bad sprain but he was concerned that it might be a stress fracture because of the way I described it. So he took an x-ray which thankfully looked ok. Although he said he wanted his "ortho buddy" to take a look at it just to be sure because a lot of times it's hard to see stress fractures on x-rays.

He gave me a steroid pack to take, some Lortab for the pain, and told me to wear really supportive shoes. He'll call me after ortho buddy looks at the film just to let me know what he said. Then if I'm not better by Monday I have to get a bone scan. Good times.

I'm really hoping and praying that Emily is right in her comments from my last entry. I think that sounds a lot more easy to recover from. I don't have time for stress fractures.

Why is this so hard? I just want to be a runner. Why won't my body cooperate? Ugh. I think I definitely need some bon bons.

3 comments:

Bill said...

On word: shoes.

After I suffered through a bout of plantar fascia I switched to New Balance (then 852) designed for concrete. Here in Houston you run on the streets and you're pounding your feet pretty hard.

NB cured my foot problems and I changed out my shoes twice a year.

Good luck!

Bill (FOA - Friend of Amy)

Margo said...

Thanks for the advice Bill...although I just don't think it's the shoes. I had my feet "analyzed" when I first started running back in January 2007. Got a great pair of Brooks and felt a world of difference. I recently got some Asics and they just don't seem to hold up like my Brooks do. I think I need another pair of those. I did the OKC run in my Brooks, so I guess technically it could be the shoes and they just have too many miles on them?

Anonymous said...

Ummm... I'm still waiting for an updated blog. I fully expected to see pictures of your kids and of the gifts they gave you for Mother's Day. Where are they? And how was it?? Matt and I (and Brian, Malissa, Jackson and Lucy, too) are going to dinner on Thursday, and I wish you were here to join us. I remember five years ago... Jesse, Matt and I piled into the car and drove to Stillwater for Eli's t-ball game... it's been a quick five years!