8.14.2008

Made it through the first day

Look! I'm back already. With pictures! Everyone survived the first day of school for the most part. Here's a rundown...


Madi loves her new math teacher. She doesn't struggle in math like I did when I was younger but I think having a math teacher that you really enjoy is always a bonus. She's taking Spanish this year and said that her teacher wouldn't speak in English. So Madi turned around to ask her friend sitting behind her if she understood and then the teacher started getting onto her for talking in class. Except that she was getting onto her in Spanish, which of course Madi didn't understand. She actually really does know quite a bit of the language, seeing as how El Vaquero is her second home. She really didn't have a lot to report other than that.


Eli called me as soon as he got home from school with a report of a great first day at the middle school. He said he thought that the day would go by slower but it went really quickly. He liked all of his classes and all of his teachers. When we picked up his schedule last week we realized he wasn't placed in the Extended Studies class and so he requested that it be added. It is a semester long course so he knew he would lose one of his electives and was hoping it wouldn't be Spanish. He was thrilled to find out that he'd been added to Extended Studies during the second semester and that this semester he got art and Spanish. Yeah!


Little Miss Sheradyn had a fantastic day. She said she made 2 new friends on the bus. She loves her new teacher and got to go to music class yesterday which was fun. She also says the new playground is "soooooo much fun!". Can't beat that, right? I asked her if everyone called her Sheradyn and she said, "Yes, but some of my close friends kept forgetting and called me Sadie". Well, of course they did!


Then there's my little Teagers. The two little girls that I sat her with when they were lined up in the gym ended up being nice. Thank goodness! She said she made friends with those two girls and then one other girl that was sitting at her table. She couldn't remember any of their names though. So Brad's instructions to her before he left this morning were to find out her new friends names. She called me after school when she got off the bus and I asked her how her first day was. She said, "It was good. But the bus wasn't." I asked her what happened on the bus and she started crying and said she didn't want to say it because it was embarassing. It really wasn't that big of a deal. But the fact that my little baby came home from her first day of school crying and was so upset about it just broke my heart! Apparently, she sat near the back of the bus. Big mistake, cause everyone knows the bad kids sit in the back. I obviously need to teach my 6 year old where the good kids sit! So, her panties were showing above the waistband of her jeans in the back and I guess a group of older boys all counted to three and then yelled something like "Your pants are falling down!" at her. And then of course they all giggled and laughed and pointed. Bless her heart. I can't tell you how much I wanted to beat up some little 3rd grade boys when she was trying to tell me this story through her little sobs. Mean kids. They really suck.

So there ya go. The whole rundown of the first day of school for my kiddos. Hopefully today was better for little Teagan. And if it wasn't then I'm beating up some little boys. Oh, I've got more photos too if you'd like to see them. Cause you know how I love to take me some photos! You can find them
here. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Doctor Family said...

Dang, you make beautiful babies. They're growing up and you're a very blessed woman. You should be a proud mama.

Brooke said...

I have a third grade boy and I could see him teasing Tegan, but only because she's so cute and that's how they show their love at that age. Great phontos and great stories.....

Margo said...

Candice, thanks! I sure think they're beautiful but I'm a bit biased. ;)

Brooke, I'll beat your third grade boy up if he teases my baby! LOL Actually, if she knew these kids better she probably would have been hateful right back. But she was so embarassed by the whole thing that she said she "cried, but no tears came down my face because I didn't want them to see".

mom2boys said...

All 4 are so stinkin' cute! You know I'd really like a girl if your willing to make a new one and hand her over. LOL!

Margo said...

Hmmmm, that's tempting Shanon. Cause you know my boy/girl ratio is a little high on the girl end. Try as I may I can't convince Hubby to get a reversal snip-job. But if I could convince him to do it knowing that if it was a girl (instead of another boy like we'd all like around here!) we could send her to you I might have a good argument. I might try it! Don't be surprised when you get a blonde little girl on your doorstep one of these days!

Jana said...

Ditto what Mom2Boys said....I could sure use another girl around here too since I'm the only one and even our pets are male!! Just be thrilled that your kids talk to you about school and you get more than I do out of mine which is usually just a "Good." or "Fine." Uhg!!