9.02.2008

Madi's photoshoot

Diptych

So there's this little field near my house and every time I drive by there I think about how I'd like to take pictures there. Actually, I think about how I'd like to drag a barstool and/or my Grandmother's chair there and take pictures of Madi. I mentioned this not long ago and Madi was all for it so this weekend we finally made the trek over and "got 'er done".

The original area where I wanted to shoot turned out not to be so great. It was a lot more overgrown then I realized and a little bit creepy. At one point I was squatting down to take a picture and noticed there was a little frog right in front of me. I wonder how many snakes and bugs were out there with us. *shudder*

MadiQ

The light in that area wasn't as nice as I'd hoped it would be either so we wandered over to where I could see better light and I hit the jackpot. I knew this pond was there but I didn't know there was a little area at the back of the pond that was perfect for taking pictures. Score! This property was sold recently and I'm not sure what the new owner will end up doing with it or when they'll do it. So until then I'm just going to keep trespassing and hoping I don't get caught!

Hold up

Madi was a good sport and did everything I asked. She was only distracted by her cell phone, which I had to take away when I convinced her to change into a skirt and she didn't have a pocket for it. Man, that thing rings nonstop! She also got a bit distracted when her friend Kiley and dog Sadie showed up from around the corner. Sadie got to have her picture taken too but I couldn't convince Kiley to let me take any shots of her. There's always next time though!

MadiO

I had a lot of fun editing these photos using some new Photoshop actions I found. It's amazing how different you can make the photos look in post processing! Feel free to mosey on over to flickr to check them out here. Enjoy!

5 comments:

The Six of Us said...

Great pictures!!! Thanks for reminding me why Elizabeth doesn't have a cell phone.....I'd probably never be able to talk to her if she had one! LOL Besides...she'd never be able to afford all the texting she'd do!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love that Madi! I'm so happy to you have at least one blue-eyed girl!!! :-)

Great pictures, Margo - you're awesome!!!

Doctor Family said...

Oh heavens. You'd better just go ahead and lock her up now. That or you'd better sign up up for Karate too because she'll be having to fend off the boys for sure. Great pics Margo!

Sandi said...

Umm can you tell me where i can find said actions?

They are really good Margo

Jana said...

I just love these, you did a great job! On a side note, how 'bout them Cowboys?!!!!!!!!