9.09.2007

I learned a new craft

And it's a bit addictive.

Yep, that's right. I have a list a mile long of things I need to do. Cleaning, laundry, organizing. There are business related things such as catching up on my orders and updating my site. In addition, I have size runs due for both Pink Zebra and Wild Flowers. Oh, and a veil for a friends veil to make!

So am I working on any of that stuff? Sort of. But in between trying to get that all done I have learned how to solder jewelry. I've wanted to do this for a long time and happened to have all the supplies so on Saturday we (Elliot and Marleigh are great helpers!) decided to give it a shot.

I made this bracelet with all the kiddos pictures from the first day of school. I got a little wacky with the flux on Elliot's charm and didn't get the tape down well enough. So you can see that it seeped under the glass and smudged the picture a bit. Oh well, I think it's not too bad for a first project.



Then we made a couple dog tag like charms to wear on game days. I wore them yesterday on a chain, both of them together just like in the photo. Aren't they fun?! Now I want to make them for all the kids school's and sports!



I'm telling you, they are addictive. I think everyone in my family will be getting these for Christmas this year. Oh, and teacher's gifts too! Boy, I hope everyone else likes them as much as I do!

2 comments:

vintagechica said...

Holy schmoly Margo! I have been wanting to learn to do this for so long!!! Can you give me a tutorial for this over the phone????

Margo said...

For you Eren, anything! I don't think I have your number though so give me a call sometime. I'm working full time now and the kids are in every activity imaginable so the best evening to reach me is Monday. Or call my cellie M-W-F and I'll teach ya while I get paid at my real job. hee hee