12.09.2007

Photo Shoot fiasco




I've really been enjoying taking photos and learning about lighting and playing in photoshop lately. So I decided I'd take the kiddos out and do a little photo shoot and see if I could capture the perfect shot for our Christmas cards this year.




We head out with a couple props and Hubby comes along for the ride. Arriving at the shooting location we all pile out of the car and the kids start to complain about the temperature. It was chilly, and windy...but I think the fact that they weren't doing something they wanted to do played a big part in the complaining.




The problems started pretty much right off the bat. While trying to get Madi positioned on the wall I heard a big thud and looked over just in time to see poor Teagan hit her head. Bless her heart, she fell right off the wall and landed on her forehead. She immediately grew a huge goose-egg but after some tears agreed to try to take a few photos. Unfortunately, soon after that the wind picked up and Madi got a cramp in her leg while sitting down and everyone freaked out.




There is a photo of my siblings and me that immediately came to mind when I uploaded that last photo. My Mom wanted a nice picture of the 4 of us on Mother's Day (or maybe it was Easter?) one year. My step-dad took us to the park to get the perfect shot and ended up with something very similar to this one. It was at this point in our Christmas photo shoot that we decided to take a break. Off we went for some hot chocolate and heat in the car. Luckily, after just a short amount of time off from posing we were able to head back out and had a blast. It's amazing what some hot chocolate can do!






Now I just have to decide which one to use. These are several of my favorites but you can view the whole slew of them here. Take a look if you'd like, and pay no attention to the big bump on Tea's head! *wink*




No comments: