6.02.2008

Exhausted with a capital E

I just told Hubby that I thought I could sleep for the next week. He said that I got a good amount of sleep last night. Which is true. But I think the week leading up to this trip and then some late nights before the run have just hit me hard.

I'm actually sitting in Chicago Midway airport right now and having bought a new book because I finished the other one I brought, I'm getting ready to start it. We had a light breakfast at the hotel this morning and then McD's for lunch before leaving the airport in New Hamphshire. We got her a while ago and I was dying for some nachos so Hubby and I split some but they just didn't do the trick. So here I sit hungry, sore, and exhausted. I miss my bed.

Vermont was just beautiful but the run was awful. No injuries to speak of but it was really hard. The course was hard. And I was very disappointed in my attempt. I did manage to finish but not because I wanted to. If Hubby hadn't been there with me I think I would have probably just walked to the finish line. I didn't even have a final push for that sprint to the finish line once it came in to view.

I'll update again in the next couple of days with more details about the trip and Vermont. Thanks to those of you who were thinking about me on Sunday. Without your thoughts and prayers there's no telling how poorly I might have done!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

You finished and that's what is important. Maybe the East Coast runs are just different than our Midwest runs....I just think it's great that you even attempt a half marathon -- that's more than I can say I have ever done -- be sure to read my post on the coolchicksrun site -- I told you about the game tonight....

Anonymous said...

Exactly what Brooke said! You finished - and that's what matters. It doesn't matter how you finished. You could have been limping across the finish line, after a disabled woman and an 85-yr-old man (oh wait - that was me, in Seattle), but at least you'd have finished! :-) I'm very proud of you! And I'm jealous that you had McD's!!! Man, I could go for a quarter pounder with cheese and a large order of french fries!!!!!

This Idaho Girl said...

Add a Mcflurry to those french fries.

Jana said...

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the run but you should be SO PROUD that you finished. I can barely run a block without passing out!