6.09.2008

Wedding Shower



We had the wedding shower for Tarissa yesterday. You remember, the one that I sent out the invites for and put the
wrong day of the week on them? Yep, that one. Well, it was yesterday and it was a nice time.

I actually went on Saturday too because one of the other hostesses called me all frantic because the restaurant where it was to be held called her all frantic saying that someone had dropped off a gift for the shower that afternoon and they thought it was on Sunday. At least that's the story I got from her. I'm wondering if they were really that frantic because when I went up there they all acted like it hadn't been that big of a deal to them. Um, ok. At any rate, she was concerned that all sorts of people would show up on Saturday instead of Sunday and since that would have been my fault I offered to go sit up there for a bit to turn away anyone that came and encourage them to come again Sunday. Luckily, no one showed and it gave me a chance to get out and run some errands so it all worked out.

I still can't believe Tarissa is getting married in a couple of weeks. I remember when she couldn't drive yet and we couldn't wait for her to start so we didn't have to drive her back to her house that was so far away. Now she's not only driving but she's graduated both high school and college and is going to be tying the knot! I told her yesterday not to be having kids anytime soon because it would probably just throw me over the edge.

For the rest of the photos you can view them here.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like you had a great turnout and a wonderful time. I'll have you host my next shower.... :)

Margo said...

Your next wedding shower? Or baby shower? Come on, you know you want a little girl! hee hee

This Idaho Girl said...

Who is Tarissa? You can't possibly be old enough to have a married daughter.

Margo said...

You're right, I'm not quite THAT old...although I guess technically it could happen. LOL Tarissa is the babysitter we've had since Madi and Eli were little bitty. Tarissa was just 11 herself when she first started sitting for us, now she's getting married!