4.10.2006

Ready or not

I've decided to bite the bullet and let Marleigh shave. I think part of me is under the impression that if she doesn't shave then she won't keep growing up at such a rate that is giving me anxiety attacks. I think someone probably needs to slap some sense into that part of me.

Actually, after my last entry about her desire to shave I did some thinking. I decided maybe I would at least look at the razors next time I was at the store. Maybe I'd even pick one up and surprise her with it.

I did look at them the next time I was out. I even stopped and picked one up. Then I kept on walking.

I did some careful try-to-be-sly leg inspections when we had 10 friends over this weekend for her birthday party. What I noticed was that several of them have already shaved. And of those that looked like they have not yet had that rite of passage, they aren't nearly as hairy as my Marleigh is. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy a razor.

Tess and I had to go to the store this morning so I picked up a snazzy little razor kit. It looks like it's meant for a first-time-shave experience. It includes some stickers and tattoo's along with the razor and some shave gel. And instruction cards for shaving. All packaged neatly in a pink carry bag.

She's going to flip when she sees it. She really is. I think anyone in a 20 mile radius of our house will probably hear her squeal when I give it to her.

So I guess I need to figure out a time to present it to her. I want to do it at a time that I'm available to help her and be sure she doesn't go all Edward Scissorhands on her poor little hairy legs. She doesn't have school on Friday so maybe we'll do it Thursday night. After her volleyball practice. Yep. I think that's what we'll do.

Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Veggiemomx4 said...

I let my J use veet twice now just to get the fur coat off her legs, hard to do but whats it going to hurt right? Good luck