4.07.2006

One of these days...

...I'm going to do an entry in here that isn't just me whining and complaining. Promise.

Today though I'm stressed. Really stressed. It's hard being a mom. At least it is for me. I wonder if it's just me and everyone else is just sailing through.

Marleigh's birthday party is tomorrow. I waited too long to order the party favors and craft stuff. So when I finally got around to doing it on Monday I had to pay an extra $20 to have it shipped quickly. So yesterday a box arrives, but it's only one of the many things I ordered. I got online to look at the tracking and I see that it's coming in two boxes. Box number 2 was to arrive last night at 7:00. When it never came I got on to track it again and find that it's now scheduled to be delivered on the 11th. The party is the 8th.

Um, not gonna work.

Also not in the time frame of what I paid for in shipping. I just got on to look again. It seems it went from Kansas this morning to Texas now. Why they didn't just leave it in Oklahoma is beyond me.

So I'm doing the last minute scramble trying to figure out how to make things work. As well as trying to figure out how to get a bunch of junk made for our entire family to wear to a stupid Elvis party on Sunday. If I could get out of it I would. But I can't. So I shant. I spent $60 this morning on Elvis accessories for Hubby and Elliot. And I still don't have stuff made for the rest of us.

Stress I tell you. Complete stress.

So all of that will work out. I'm sure it will, it always does. I stress about it all and freak out and then afterwards I look back and think "what was the big deal?". That's how it works.

But tell me what to do about my poor 9 year old son who has a crush on someone. I guess Hubby heard him crying last night so he went to check on him. It turns out that the girl Elliot likes now likes someone else. His poor little heart was broken. I'm sure this is the first of many broken hearts but it sucks. He's just 9 for crying out loud! How's he going to react when he's a teenager and some girl decides she likes someone else? And the kicker is I didn't even KNOW he liked someone. He hasn't really expressed any interest in girls. He's just a really happy go lucky kid who loves to make people laugh. He's got a big following of girls but until now it's been fairly obvious that he's kind of clueless about it. His teacher even mentioned at his last conference that the other kids fight over who gets stand/sit/partner with him and the great thing is it doesn't go to his head and he doesn't seem to notice how popular he is. So he went from that to just laying in bed sobbing about a girl. How does that happen?

And Marleigh wants to shave her legs. She's wanted to for a couple years now and of course I haven't let her. But she has friends who have started. And more than the pressure of wanting to do it because others are, I think she's now actually feeling embarassed about her appearance because of her hair. She's blonde, so it's not as noticable as some girls might be. But it's pretty thick. I can't remember how old I was when I started shaving. I do remember my mom going on and on about how once I started I wouldn't be able to stop. I didn't care, I just wanted to shave. And now she's going through the same thing.

As I've said many time before...it sure would be nice if they came out of your belly holding some sort of manual. A manual specific to that individual child and their own personality. Wouldn't that be nice?

Ugh.

Where'd I put those bon bons?...

3 comments:

The Six of Us said...

Ways to relieve stress:
1. Don't let the kids have b-day parties anymore. LOL

2. Stop making costumes and refuse all costume party invitations.

There. LOL

I can't believe M wants to shave her legs. Elizabeth and her friends are no where near that stage!

Margo said...

Yes, those are good ways to relieve stress. However...no one will think I'm cool anymore if I don't throw over the top parties.

Did you know I'm a crafting savant? I am. Seriously.

I think I need to move to your town. Sounds like it's easier to raise kids there.

Margo said...

Thanks for the advice Dokido. See my newest entry, that's not yet posted, to see an update on the shaving delima.

How'd you get so wise anyway?