7.02.2006

Slacker Blogger

Whoops.

Craziness. Pure craziness I tell you. The last month seems to have just flown right on by. I feel like the kids just got out of school and we're still adjusting to summer coming. Instead, summer is nearly halfway over already. What's up with that?!

We spent a good part of June getting ready for my step-cousins wedding in Colorado. I ended up taking Sela (who was the flower girl) and Marleigh (who just HAD to attend a wedding so she could dress up fancy). I drove and made great time getting there and would have on the way home too if it wasn't for that cop in Wakeeny, KS who slowed me down with a traffic ticket.

It was a busy but fun weekend filled with lots of wedding events. And non-wedding events too, like our hotel fire alarm waking us up at 12:45 a.m. which resulted in all the hotel guests being evacuated to the parking lot for an hour +. I just have one thing to say about that...it's cold in the middle of the night in Colorado.

We were all concerned that Sela would get to scared and not walk down the aisle. I had bribed her by telling her that she would get her ears pierced if she made it down. The night of the rehearsal she was all gung ho until we started the actual practicing and then she started sobbing. She was so terrified. Luckily, a nice bridesmaid and my step-niece who is just a few years older than Sela ended up taking her under their wings and she did great. She did awesome for the wedding and looked beautiful. I was so teary thinking about my little step-cousin getting married but also watching my own little girl walk down the aisle and knowing that in what will seem like a blink of an eye it will be her turn.

Immediately after the wedding was over Sela wanted to know when we'd get her ears pierced. We made it back home to Oklahoma and set off for Claire's at the first possible chance we had. So now she's sporting a great new pair of ear rings. Big girl.

We (the whole fam-damily as my step-dad would say) are in Dallas now enjoying some nice r&r. We actually go home tomorrow and it'll be back to the grind. The week started with a trip on Wednesday to visit Hubby's brother's in Oklahoma. We had a great day at the lake with all of our families. Then we headed here to Dallas to stay at the Gaylord Texan, the best place to stay if you ever make it out this way. We love it!

We even stopped in Checotah, Oklahoma on the way here and looked around for Carrie Underwood. Didn't see her but I got lots of neat pictures of the "single stop light", the "Sonic", and "Eufala Lake" where she used to catch crawfish. Driving out of town we stuck her CD in and all sang along to "I ain't in Checotah anymore". Cheesy, aren't we?

That's it for my mid-summer update I guess. I need to do better about writing in this thing. I keep missing out on great info to add. Like Tess in the bathroom telling me how fast Eli was because he had a big tail. Maybe I'll save that story for next time though.

No comments: