8.22.2006

More changes

I guess I need to just accept that changes are inevitable. They just seem to be happening non-stop around here lately!

Yesterday was Elliot's 10th birthday. We're having a party for him this weekend that I've just sort of thrown together. Haven't even had a chance to send out invites. I guess at this point I'll just call all the mom's to invite them. Hopefully everyone won't be booked so he'll have some friends there. I can't believe it's been 10 years since he was born. I remember it like it was yesterday. Wow.

Marleigh has her first boyfriend. Scary, huh? She's had several friends who have had boyfriends and I've always told her that she was too young for that. Then yesterday she got in the car after school and told me that Cody asked her to "go out with" him. I guess that's what they call it these days. I remember being in 6th grade and having Jesse Berenger ask me if I'd "go with him". I wondered where he wanted to go. Then I realized that was just what it was called when you were officially a couple.

So I got to thinking that never once did I ask my own Mother if I could go with someone. I felt good that at least Marleigh asked me first. I asked Marleigh what she told Cody and she said she told him she'd have to ask her mom. Good girl! So I took the opportunity to talk with her about what was and was most definitely not appropriate at her age. Then I spoke to Hubby about it and we decided that it probably wasn't that big a deal and that she knew right from wrong. I told her definitely no kissing and no talking on the phone with him non-stop. He's basically just a special friend I guess. It's strange though. My little girl has her first little boyfriend. Wow.

Sela is doing well in school. I'm worried that she doesn't have that many friends in her class. I guess I'll just need to make time on the weekends for her to get together with some other girls she knows. I ask her every day who she plays with and it's always Jasmine. Yesterday I asked if she ever played with Taylor and she said that Taylor only played with Jasmine and the other girls. So I guess Sela plays with Jasmine when she's free. I hope she'll branch out and make some other friends.

And Tess has her first little friend which I'm thrilled about. She never did pre-school like so many other kids do so she's never had her own friends. Just sort of shared Sela's friends. She says she plays with Victoria and Hadyn. This morning I dropped her off and she was being a little bit clingy with me until a sweet little blonde girl walked up with her Mother. Tess wouldn't leave my side before that but then this little girl walked up and she was ready to leave. I looked at the mother and said, "Is this Hadyn?" and she said, "Yes, and this must be Tess. She's all Hadyn talks about!". It felt good to know that the little girl that Tess has befriended likes her just as much.

Good times mostly. Lots of changes but still, good times.

No comments: