8.07.2007

A stadium full



On Saturday I was a chaperone for Marleigh's junior high church group. I always help out with the group on Wednesday nights during the school year but haven't gone on a trip with them for quite a while.

Saturday was a surprise for the kids. They didn't know what our plans were as we loaded the people movers and headed out of the parking lot. It was a jam packed day that started with a drive to Tulsa. Then we went ice skating and afterwards we headed to Incredible Pizza to chow down and play hard. As if our bellies weren't full enough, we then visited a nearby Marble Slab for ice cream all around.

Finally our exhausted group headed to the ballpark to watch the Tulsa Driller's baseball team. As the group headed to the top of the stadium in search of shelter from the hot sun, I chose a seat several rows below them. Leaning back, with my legs draped over the bleacher in front of me I just took it all in. It was definitely hot but the wind was blowing and the sounds and smells of the field were slowly lulling me into a trance. I found myself staring off towards the outfield when I realized what I had found. Patterns! Lots of them, full of colors and shapes. From the blue bleachers and the shiny metal fencing to the rows mowed into the grass. A stadium full of patterns.

See more patterns at the Self Portrait Challenge
Self Portrait Challenge website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey M! Man, I need to call you. And so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy belated. But it sounds like a good one. How's the jobby job going?