8.01.2007

Thirty4

Can I really be that old?

I remember when I met Hubby. His two brothers are 10 and 11 years older than he is and they were just turning 30 back then. I thought they were ancient. I specifically remember thinking that they were so old that it was all pretty much downhill from there.

Now here I am, turning 34 today. I feel like there is so much in my life that I have yet to accomplish. Like there is still so much left for me to do. In some ways I feel like my life is just beginning.

I had two friends sing Happy Birthday to me today. One of them had her 5 year old in the background. Can't beat the voice of a little birthday wish like that. And of course my fam sang to me too. My kids, and Hubby, really do rock.

It was my last day at the "old job" today. That was a little bit bittersweet. I will miss just knowing exactly what to do and not really having to think about it. Although I know that feeling will come with the new job in time. I got to choose where lunch was brought from at the office and had a big brisket salad.

Then Hubby took the kids and me out for Japanese hibachi and sushi. It was yummy but way too much food. I think I'll just roll myself into the bedroom tonight.

My little sister sent me a beautiful new necklace and a friend gifted me with two new magazine suscriptions. I'm such a magazine junkie! Hubby gave me some wonderful smelling perfume and a gift certificate to Payless. My favorite shoe store! As many shoes as I buy it's a good thing I like the cheap ones.

I think my favorite gifts were from my sweet little kiddos. Selah and Elliot both made me cards with poems they wrote. Tess made me a little card and wrapped two of her special worry dolls that she made at Selah's birthday party up in a bandana for me to have. Marleigh used her own money to buy a frame. Then printed a photo of me with all four kiddos just after Tess was born. She printed "Mother Love...is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible" on a sheet of vellum and mounted it over the photo, placing them in the frame. It's beautiful and just reminds me how special all of my children are and how incredibly blessed I am to have them as mine!

Hopefully tomorrow I can share a photo of my birthday goodies. Tonight I'm wiped out and ready to lay down and snuggle with Hubby and think about how wonderful I hope this year as 34 will be.

No comments: