1.21.2008

Girl Runner

Three weeks into my training schedule and running is quickly taking over. I had forgotten how addictive it could be. It doesn't take long before it seems as though you are eating, sleeping, and dreaming about running. And I don't even like it! Ugh.

Something happened today though that reminded me of one reason I like running. As someone who loves to shop, I was reminded today about all the fun gear you can get for running! Did you know that there are charms for bracelets at all the major races? Yep. One could choose their runs based on the charm they may be able to add to their bracelet. I do think that I'll need to travel to Germany at some point just so that I can be the proud owner of this adorable cuckoo clock!

Another thing you get to stock up on? Shoes! What girl doesn't love a great pair of shoes? Not this one, that's for sure! I love shoes. No matter what size I am they always fit. I go through too many shoes to splurge for anything very pricey. I'm all over BOGO at Payless. Gotta love that place. You know what though, when you are running you really must have a good pair of shoes. It's essential. And your husband can't complain about the price of your shoes because his are just as expensive. It's truly wonderful I tell you, wonderful!

Last year Hubby and I went to Tulsa to Fleet Feet and had our running analyzed so that we'd know the proper shoes to get. He now knows that his feet are normal and mine are (surprise, surprise) not normal. I tend to pronate a bit too much so I need a shoe that really supports and stabilizes my foot. We each got a pair last year and those are the shoes that we've worn to run in since then. So we decided we needed to break in a new pair. Yeah! New shoes!

We went to a local store today and I am in love with a pair of running shoes. They aren't the ones I got though. I tried on two different pairs, both Asics. In the end, although I liked the looks of one better I had to go with the other one. It just felt better on my foot. Not that the pretty one didn't feel good. It just wasn't quite as nice.

Here's the one I got. It's orange, which is of course always a bonus since I love my Cowboys. *wink* Feels GREAT on my foot although it runs big so I had to get a size 10 because they run small. Amazing that a shoe in a bigger size has the ability to make me feel bigger. What's up with that?




Here's the one I didn't get. I'm all about the bling. I like things sparkly and shiny and this shoe had just that. I liked it when I saw it because of the gold. Then when I tried it on I realized that the toe and all-over design also had a faux snake skin print on it. Cool!



So here's what's gonna happen. My goal for our first run in April is to finish in 2:45. Last year I finished 2:58. I'm slow but hey, at least I get it done. I told Hubby that if I make my goal I'm buying those shoes. Just a little more motivation to keep on running.

3 comments:

Full of Heart said...

New shoes make running a million times more exciting, doesn't it?
I just bought my new shoes for the new years, but sadly, they aren't as blingy-full as the ones you crave!

Anonymous said...

Those blingelicious shoes are wonderful! I hope you get 'em. Now, don't forget the cool Tiffany's finishers necklace that you'll get if you finish the Nike Women's Half Marathon!!

Anonymous said...

where'd you get the faux snakeskin shoes from??? if you get this, please contact me through my e-mail here...

SukinaKoshatoma@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time!