1.08.2008

God blessed my broken road

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you



Fourteen years ago today I was married. So hard to believe it's been that long. Although, when I really think about what we have accomplished as a couple and a family it seems like it has been even longer.


I took this shot of Hubby's hand back in November on our way home from Maine. His wedding band is too big so he occasionally moves it to a different finger. I think most men would choose to just not wear a ring that was too big. But Hubby chooses to wear his. To show the world that he is my beloved, and in return I am most definitely his!


We met after my freshman year in college, just a month before my Mother was diagnosed with Cancer. He was by my side when she passed away 12 short months later and he hasn't left it since.

I think about my high school boyfriend every now and then and how hurt I was when he ended our relationship. How I searched after that for someone. And how I eventually found Hubby. I know that Hubby was made especially for me. The words from this song are so real to me because I wish more than anything that I could take back the time that I spent with other's and give them to him. There is no doubt in my mind though that it truly was all part of God's grander plan.

So thank you to those northern stars who pointed me into Hubby's loving arms. And thank you God, for the man of my dreams!

Happy Anniversary Hubby! I love you more today than I ever thought possible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Guys! I love you and admire you and am so happy you have one another! I can't imagine having any other brother-in-law!!! Plus, you sure did make darn good lookin' babies! :-)

Anonymous said...

I need more stuff to read!!!! It's been a week already! :-)