1.18.2008

Here I am

I'm still here in case you wondered. I've just been so busy with work and family and well, just life in general! I have thought about blogging I just haven't really had the chance. And every time I start to feel stressed about the fact that I haven't blogged in a while I think about this. That makes me realize that it really isn't a big deal. Although, I know I have people who are bored at work and checking in for an update. So for you I will try to do better in the future so that I can keep you entertained. *wink*

The new year has brought a renewed commitment to eating right and exercising. I lost so much weight last year and sadly it didn't stay lost. It always seems to find me somehow, very frustrating. I think part of my problem last year was that I ran the half marathon in April and then didn't have any more runs planned. I don't like running, I really don't. So unless I'm working toward something and have a deadline there is just not much of a chance that I'm going to keep it up. Lame mindset I know but that's how I roll.

So...in an effort to not repeat my past mistakes I have officially committed to 3 seperate 1/2 marathons this year. I'll be doing the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon again at the end of April. Then the first weekend in June we'll head to the Covered Bridges Half Marathon in Vermont. (I'm really looking forward to this one because it promises to be a beautiful run! Although, I have got to increase my time or I'll be among the last few finishers and I don't want that!) Finally, I hope to finish off the year doing the Nike Women's Marathon on October 19th. I'm not yet registered for this run as it hasn't opened yet. I know that when it does open it will sell out very quickly so fingers crossed that I'm able to get in!

Now, I just need my stupid body to hold up. I swear I feel like I'm about 80 years old sometimes. Last year I had a lot of knee problems right from the start. I took a small break and started back up and just knew to expect my knees to hurt. Then I started having itbs and figure I'll have it again this year but at least I can take some steps to prevent it from getting so bad. So I'm now in week 2 of the current training program and I've developed some sort of awful pain in my right leg. What the heck?! Now, I expect to have some sort of discomfort. If it didn't feel bad sometimes then I'd never have had an issue with exercising in the first place. It's just so frustrating to always have some sort of ailment. As Hubby always says, "There's always something with you, isn't there!" Unfortunately, yes.

So there ya go. A little bit of an update to tide you over till next time. Perhaps I'll even do one this weekend. We've got a 3 day weekend coming up and some bad weather moving in next week. My office is closed during snow days so pray for snow and I'll get an even longer weekend. Yippee!

PS...This morning, I started to put on a pair of pretty silver hoop earrings that I received as a Christmas gift. As I took them out of the package I thought something looked a little off. Sure enough, I was right. One hoop is larger than the other. Is this some new style that I'm not aware of?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I give you those lop-sided earrings? I can't remember. And - no - I don't think it's some kind of new style. Thanks for the post - it made me smile.

Margo said...

They are either from you or our other sister. I think they were in my stocking. It made me smile when I realized it this morning. ;) Glad I made you smile!

Jana said...

Hey Girl, thanks for linking me here! I SO hear you about the running....I need to lose some weight and everyone says this is the easiest way to do it however my knees definitely DON'T like it (and neither do I honestly!). Maybe just a nice brisk walk will do??!