2.12.2008

Is there an end in sight?

Hubby and the kids are all back at work/school now. Although while laying in bed this morning listening to them all getting ready they echoed a chorus of nonstop coughing. Quite entertaining actually.

Although I was down and out for a few days last week and could only guess I was the latest victim of the crud it became all to obvious on Saturday that my crud last week was just a sort of pre-crud to the fun times ahead. I woke up Saturday with a bit of a sore throat. Not scratchy or burning but that feeling of swollen-full-of-stuff-that-shouldn't-be-in-your-throat soreness. By noon my eyeballs and head were joining in on the game too. And by bedtime my temperature was over 100. Good times.

I did go to the doctor yesterday and had a flu test which surprisingly turned out negative. So the nurse (the Dr apparently didn't have time for me?) came in and handed out antibiotic prescriptions to me for whatever it is I may or may not have. In all honesty, that just frustrated me more than even being sick. I asked why I was being given antibiotics and what I could have that would require them and her answer was that "you must just be passing some sort of infection around to each other". Well, seeing as how the rest of the family eventually got over whatever it is we have/had I just don't see why taking antibiotics is necessary. Other than to build up my resistance even more to them which is definitely not something I need.

I will say that I'm feeling today that I may actually live. I still have a slight fever and doing much of anything other than laying flat for any length of time is quite exhausting. But it seems as though there quite possibly could be an end in sight which is at least comforting.

Up until now I've not done much other than reading and sleeping. On Saturday I decided that I might like to dig out the Narnia books and read them again since I had seen an ad for Prince Caspian that will be out this May. I haven't read them since I was a child and even then, I'm not sure that I made it through more than the first two books. I'm currently on the third book and thoroughly enjoying them. Eli has even started on the first one now that I'm finished with it.

No, I'm not leaving Hubby in order to plan another wedding. Although I have been working on a little bit of wedding planning and investigating. There seem to be weddings of dear friends popping up everywhere in 2008. Our long time babysitter who started coming over when she was just 11 and is now 22 years old got engaged shortly before Christmas and will be tying the knot this summer. In December I found out that one of my best friends from high school has found love and will be getting hitched in October. Then my close friend Leah was just engaged on Friday and would like for me to be invoved in planning her wedding. (I must metion too that I'm hoping my favorite blue-eyed sister will have the question popped to her before too terribly long so that she can get busy working on some new cousins!) At any rate, wedding's are definitely on my mind and I've justified spending money on magazines and fun wedding books by saying that I will be ready to help any of these lovely ladies should they need me.

Lastly, now that I'm feeling a bit more like I might live I'm hoping to get up and finish creating some items for my spring CTA line that is long overdue. The season starts this weekend I believe and is sure to have tons of terrific items. Hopefully it will have a few from me as well if I can just churn them out!

And now I must grab a Diet Pepsi and return to bed. I think I'll sleep for a bit since the kids are gone and I can actually rest without being bothered. Perhaps I'll wake feeling even better and who knows what tomorrow might bring. Hopefully...health!

1 comment:

Jana said...

I'm happy to hear you're feeling better and have felt like doing some reading & having fun along the way.