2.28.2008

Security Shorts


So I listen to a local Christian radio station here when I'm at work. Actually, it's not in my town but nearby. I especially enjoy the morning show and have called in to answer the question of the day a few times.

So yesterday the question of the day was "Does your spouse or significant other have an article of clothing that you wish they wouldn't wear anymore." Um...yes.



Hubby has these shorts. I believe he got them before we were even married but if not then it was shortly after we were married which was 14 long years ago. They are Adidas gym shorts and he loves them. He wears them all the time. They've been headed down hill for quite a while but in the last several months they've developed a huge gap in the crotch. Lovely.



I called in and told them about his shorts. Apparently crotch isn't a word that they can play on their station because that part was edited out. *snicker* But his shorts were the worst they heard about (actually only a couple of us called in so I think they had to pick me because the other caller didn't really have much to say). So they said they'd call him and see if they could get him to get rid of them.



They were nice enough to send me a copy of what they played on the radio because Hubby didn't get to hear it when it was on. (You can hear our conversation by clicking on the link on my sidebar named Security Shorts.) I have to admit that he was a pretty good sport. He doesn't really like attention much so he gets bonus points for playing along as well as he did.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a replacement pair of these shorts. The DJ's called them his "security shorts". If I find another pair of them I'm buying like 10 just to last him for the rest of his life!

No comments: