2.14.2008

A sugar high


Let's just say I'm probably not gonna like what I see on the scale come weigh in on Monday morning. Yikes!

I was home again today and felt up to at least putting on clothes. Since I didn't have to go to work I figured I'd mosey on down to the kids' schools for their Valentine's Day parties. They were excited that I got to be there which made us all happy.

Madi is at the middle school now and too old for classroom parties. Kinda makes me sad. Although I'm glad I don't have to travel to two different schools anymore to be sure to get to everyone's classroom's. I guess next year I'll only have 2 in elementary where they do parties. Ack!

The first party of the afternoon was Eli's. Since he's in 5th grade they did a whole shin-dig and let all of the classes celebrate together. Apparently in order to get in to the party that was being held in the cafeteria each child had to wear a hat they had made. Of course, the more outrageous the better. It looked a little bit like something out of a Dr. Suess book more than a party for Valentine's Day.























I initially thought that Eli's hat was a train. However, it was actually a store. Apparently a store that sells hugs. And today, and today only, hugs were free at 100% off. What a deal!

Then I headed to Sadie's class where I wasn't able to stay too terribly long. They were in the middle of some games when I got there. Sadie and her partner had a pile of conversation hearts on the floor between them. They each had a stick in their hands and they had to work together to pick up a heart and put it in the plastic cup they had. Lots of team work went into this project! They worked great together!



Then I was off to Teagan's class where I was quickly reminded what I let her where to school. Bless her heart! Had she been the first child she never would have been let out of the house wearing this get up. But she's child #4 and I've learned to pick my battles. I did try to encourage her to choose either the skirt or the jeans but she really liked the way they went together. Ah well, what can you do. She's my little free bird and likes to live naked so I'm just thankful that I'm not fighting with her to wear clothes at all.

I left her classroom at one point to go get some water and when I returned she had started on this chocolate bar. I asked her if there was a golden ticket it in. It was ginormous. Seriously!



After that we headed home and Hubby and I exchanged goodies. I walked in to find two neatly wrapped pressies underneath a card with my name on it. What was inside each package were wonderful new necklaces and earrings that he'd gotten at a great store downtown. He happened to run into a friend of mine while he was there and she did help him a little bit in choosing things. I think he would have done fine on his own though, although with her help he did great!





Finally it was Hubby's turn. I had heard a while back on my radio station that one of the artists was writing custom songs for people. I thought it sounded like such a neat idea and something that Hubby would enjoy. So I moseyed on over to Paul Wright's website and ordered a song! Maybe one of these days I'll share it here but I really don't know how to share an mp3 online! Sorry! But here's the photo I put on the case, it's one I took of some trees in Maine when we were there back in November. The song turned out great and makes us smile. It's a family hit!



So Happy Valentines Day to everyone in blogger-land. I hope you and your sweeties had as great a day as we all did! Enjoy coming down from that sugar high! *Smooch*

2 comments:

Megan/Brassy Apple said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan/Brassy Apple said...

oh my gosh! I am so right there with you! eek! with all the sugar I just feel icky thinking about it. Not stepping on any scale any time soon! :)