3.21.2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Tea


Six years old. I can't believe it. Seriously. I was just telling Emily that it seemed like yesterday that she came to Stillwater to cheer me up in those last days of pregnancy when I thought Teagan would never arrive. I wish I enjoyed being pregnant more, I think I'm just always so anxious to meet the little thing that I can't stand it. And now here it is six years later. Unbelievable.

Hubby and I both had to work today but we did manage a quick trip to Edmond to pick up the requested Mommy I Can Swim doll. There was a time when I would have had gifts purchased and parties planned weeks before the day of celebration arrived. Now I'm doing good to remember what day it is. Poor Eli completely got passed over for a party last year. I owe him big come August!

So Teagan just chilled at home with the big kids today. We planned on taking her to see Horton Hears a Who and I called her around 2:00 to tell her it wouldn't be too much longer and to get cleaned up. Last year I made her a little outfit that I appliqued a big #5 onto and when I told her to clean up she asked if she could rip out the 5 and glue a 6 on it. So I gave Madi instructions for helping her pick out some fabric and cutting out the number 6 and then got home just in time to stitch around it so she could proudly display her new age.



Then we headed off to the movie (which we enjoyed!) and then over to Mexico Joes for a birthday dinner. Teagan often gets embarassed when the attention is on her and people laugh. I think she thinks they are laughing at her and just has no clue that she's just so stinkin' cute! (I'm not biased, I swear!) For some reason though, on her birthday there is no embarassment at all. When she saw the wait staff gathering to bring her a treat and sing Happy Birthday she proudly stood up and started waving her hand at them to be sure they knew just where the birthday girl was. She loved it!



And of course we had to drag all her gifts with us to Mexico Joes so that she could open them. She's such a sweetie when she opens gifts. I seriously think you could give her some switches or a lump of coal and she'd still do this awesome face of sheer excitement. Man, I love this girl!



We ended the night with a little cake from Wally World and lots of birthday wishes. Now I've got to get on the ball planning her party. Madi's birthday is coming up as well so I think I'll do both of their parties in a couple of weeks. I just haven't had a chance to get them done! I will though, don't you fret. *wink*




So Happy Birthday to my Sweet Tea, I love you more than you'll ever know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures - even if they are pixel-y!!! And I'm glad she had a good day, after the tears from the morning. I can't believe it's been six years since my pep talk visit!! I'd completely forgotten about that... it sure was nice to be close for those kinds of things. :-(

Jana said...

Oh man, a celebration at Mexico Joes?! I love it!! The photos are great and she sure looks like one sweet lucky little girl!!!!