5.23.2008

Proofreading isn't always enough

Way back when I just had Madi and Eli and they were both under 3 years old there was this sweet little girl at church named Tarissa that watched Eli's class in the nursery. One Sunday she approached me and introduced herself and said that if we ever needed a babysitter she'd be glad to do it. She was just 11 or 12 at the time.

Now sweet Tarissa is 22 (or maybe 23?) and has graduated college and will be getting married next month. I can't believe how the time has flown! I am co-hosting her wedding shower and offered to be in charge of the invitations. I've been working on them all week. I've stayed up late each night to put them together and get them ready so that I could get them in the mail. I proofread, had Hubby proofread, and proofread again. I was certain that everything was in order.

I mailed all 100 invitations out yesterday and received a call from Tarissa this afternoon. She said her uncle received their invitation and wanted to know if the shower was on Saturday June 7th or Sunday June 8th. Yep. I put Saturday, June 8th as the date. Ugh. It's actually a Sunday. I knew it was a Sunday. I'm so frustrated with myself!

All the proofreading in the world wouldn't have caught that mistake. I need some bon-bons. Lots and lots of bon-bons.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Something I would totally do. In fact, I'm sure I've done it in the past. Do you need me to help you make phonecalls?

On another note...what was that e-mail from Chris Ash all about? When did our kids become juvenile deliquents (truancy officer). Did something happen at Wednesday's game that we missed?

Margo said...

I told Tarissa to get me all the numbers but she said she'd call. I feel awful. Really awful.

Coach wigged out, huh! Call me tomorrow and maybe we can circle the lake and I'll tell you my experience.

vintagechica said...

Oh man, that stinks. But you are right...spell check or not. I make mistakes like that all the time and feel like a doofus each time.

Margo said...

Eren, the sad thing is that I did this once before on one of the kids' party invites. And just this March I made invites for Teagan's party and put the wrong times on them, making the party just 30 minutes long. I'm such a dork!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry!!! I mean, it's not as if you don't have anything else going on in your life!

And you know what, they'll figure it out. Most people who receive an invite already know about it anyway - at least, most of the people who will actually come.

It's something I would do, too. Next time, send it to me, and I'll triple check it for ya!!