3.19.2006

Funky Funk

I'm in a funk. Hate that. It seems to always happen this time of year. My mom died in May of 93 and it seems like every single year around this time I get depressed. Extra depressed. It stinks.

I'm sure the fact that it's rainy and gloomy and dreary outside doesn't help. And the fact that we've all STILL got colds doesn't help either. And Hubby has been gone for several days. He should go away more often probably. I think I'd appreciate him more. Which would be a good thing. I've found that I really take him for granted.

My computer is acting all wonky. I'm sure I've got a virus of some sort. And of course Hubby is the one who fixes all that stuff so since he isn't here I'm just piddling along trying to ignore the wonkiness.

I'm tired of the fact that I'm a crappy housekeeper. I look around this house, a house that I never imagined I'd have. It's a nice place. A really nice place actually. And it is basically 3500 square feet of pure mess. I honestly don't think there is a single corner that isn't cluttered.

I did manage to get a little bit done this weekend with Hubby gone. Although I managed to do much more damage to the checkbook then I should have. Why do I feel like if he's gone I get to shop more? Like he won't know since he isn't here? Duh. He's going to come back tonight and look online at our account and wonder who hijacked it!

Anyway, I made curtains for the little girls' room. Canopies actually. We moved in here 2 1/2 years ago and I'd planned on making them this whole time but just now got around to it. I think they turned out nicely.

I'm also making headway on organzing my laundry room which has been a catch all for the last 2 1/2 years. It houses all my scrapbooking supplies and I was just in there thinking what an idiot I am for buying all that stuff. I have enough supplies to open my own scrapbooking store. And I can honestly say that I don't remember the last time I did any scrapbooking. Mostly because I have too much in the way of supplies and I don't know which product to pick to use. It's insane.

Other then that I haven't accomplished a whole lot. Although I did spend a lot of quality time with my girls. That's gotta count for something. Right? The kids have been on spring break and they go back tomorrow. That's gonna be fun, getting them up all bright and early in the morning. They're gonna love it.

So, I'm still uncertain as to whether or not I want to share their names. I guess because I want to have this be an outlet to spill my guts, I'm not sure I want family reading this. I mean, what if I need to vent about them? And then they read it and it caused a big hoorah? It would be one thing to run across this blog and see my name but to see my name AND my kids names then they'd know it was me. That would be bad. Right? And what about all the crazies out there? People who might track us down and do bad things to us. All because they know our names. Ah heck, I guess I'll share. My kids are Marleigh, Elliot, Selah, and Tess. There they are. All four of them. Promise.

1 comment:

The Six of Us said...

Yeah, that didn't give anything away. Your family will never think it's you. LOL