5.12.2006

10, 9, 8, 7...

The countdown begins.

Ten more days of school left this year. I can't believe how quickly it seems to have gone. Why is it that when I was young and in school the months and years just seemed to drag on. Now that I'm the mom, watching my kids go through it all, I'm wanting to just freeze time because it's happening too fast.

Marleigh "graduates" from elementary school this year. Next year all four of the kids will be in school. I'm uncertain as to what I feel. Part of me is glad that my days won't be filled with wiping bottoms and watching Noggin all day long. That's a very small part though. The biggest part is feeling a bit lost. I actually like Noggin. I like watching it with Tess and although she can be such a little terror so much of the time she can also make me giggle like no one else can. I think I'll be really lonely without her home during the day.

Selah will be moving on to Kindergarten. She's in her second year of Pre-K right now and I wish I could just leave her there. I guess at some point the other kids will make fun of her though, huh? She turns 6 in just a few short weeks so I'm starting to get into birthday party planning mode. We're doing a Japanese theme party. I'm kinda excited about this one. I tend to go a bit overboard with parties but I can't help it. I'm sick that way. I was just looking around online for cake ideas and found this http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/hostesssushi.html How cute are THOSE?! I think I might make some but will probably have to get a "real" cake as well. We'll see.

Thanks again for all the well wishes for Selah. She's just about "normal" again. Although she still sounds funny when she talks. She has a very nasal-y sound to her voice. I can't tell if it's because her throat is still swollen a bit or if she's making herself sound like that. I mentioned it to hubby last night and he commented on how I always have a very sick voice that I use. A bit of drama followed when I realized that he had it in his crazy head that I sounded like that on purpose when I was sick. Like, I wake up one morning not feeling well so I summon up this "sick voice". Whatever. I explained that I sounded like that because of the drainage living inside my head. Goof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»