5.05.2006

I want my tonsils back!

Well, we're back and doing ok. The surgery went well, no complications. Usually they have you stay 2 hours after the surgery but we got a free ticket for a bonus hour because Selah threw up and they needed to be sure she wasn't going to keep doing it. She was able to have some jello and Sprite after surgery and she didn't want it but they wouldn't release us until she had at least half of it. She was such a trooper and wanted to go home so badly that she just keep taking small sips and bites until they finally said we could go.

At home she spent most of the day sleeping on the couch. All she had all day was a small yogurt that she wasn't able to finish, the Sprite that we brought home from the surgery center, and a couple licks of a popsicle. She wasn't able to keep anything down and we ended up having to give her some Pheneragen gel to help with the nausea. Luckily she was able to sleep fairly well with her pain meds.

This morning she woke up and said she didn't feel good and that her throat and ears hurt. She said, "I want my tonsils back!" Bless her heart. It's so hard to see the kids feeling cruddy, especially when there just isn't a whole lot I can do to make the pain go away.

The good news is that at about 11:00 Selah requested a pancake. She's addicted to them, and generally has one for breakfast every single morning. I gladly heated one up with her, thinking that she would take one or two bites and be done. To my happy surprise she ate the whole thing! And now it's 1:00 and she's just finished her second pancake. They are just the right consistency, especially when drenched in syrup.

She's still pretty puny and is just on bed rest but I imagine that by the end of the weekend she'll be all better. And hopefully without those tonsils and adenoids she will be much healthier.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers, we sure do appreciate them!

5 comments:

The Six of Us said...

I'm glad to hear that the recovery period is going well. Kids bounce back so much better than we do! LOL

Veggiemomx4 said...

Jordan was eating really well soon after as well, as long as I didn't give her any vicodin for the pain.
I am so happy that she is eating pancakes already!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad she's feeling a little better (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, out blogging and came across yours.. I just start one and was looking at other to give me some ideas

Thank,
Pat
free diet plan

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»