5.17.2006

Fairies Don't Like Cats

Who knew?!



Here's a story worth sharing. The players are Me, Hubby, Elliot, and Orville the Cat.


NIGHT 1 - Elliot yells down the stairs...

"Dad!"

"Yeah!"

"Hey, I'm gonna put this tooth under my pillow."

"All right. Night!"



NIGHT 2 - Elliot yells down the stairs again...

"Hey Dad!"

"What?"

"The tooth fairy didn't come last night so I'm going to leave my tooth under my pillow again. OK?"

Looking at me with a guilty face Hubby replies, "Um yeah. I bet she'll come tonight."



NIGHT 3 - Elliot yells down the stairs AGAIN...

"Um, Dad?"

Horror comes to both hubbies face and mine as we realize Elliot has been stood up by the tooth fairy yet again.

"Yeah buddy? What is it?"

"She didn't come again. I'm going to leave my tooth under my pillow, ok?!"

"Hey, is Orville in your room?"

Silence.

"Elliot, did you hear me? Is Orville in your room?"

"Well yeah. He always sleeps with me. Why?"

"Fairies don't like cats. That's why the tooth fairy hasn't shown up."

I'm not sure how he did it but hubby said this in such a convincing tone that a look as if to say, "Seriously?!" came to my face.

"Dad, quit it! That's not true."

"I'm serious. She won't come if he's in there. Fairies don't like cats."

"Whatever Dad!"



NIGHT 4 - Yep, how awful is it that it went on this long? I think the kids' tooth fairy needs to be fired!

This time I was laying in bed, hubby was taking a shower, and Elliot came into my room with his tooth in a baggy.

"Mom?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, I'm going to leave my tooth under Daddy's pillow since fairies don't like cats. OK?"

"Oh good idea. I bet she'll find it there."

Hubby got out of the shower and I filled him in on the tooth under his pillow. I said, "He left it here since fairies don't like cats."

"Yeah, weird huh? You know Tinkerbell? She can't stand felines."

How's my husband know Tinkerbell?



You know, I think it might be stairs that Fairies don't like.

3 comments:

The Six of Us said...

OMG! That is so funny!

You know, the tooth fairy is just as bad over here, and we have no cats! Maybe she's afraid of tripping over all the crap on the floor...yea...that's it. Doesn't want to break her ankle. ;)

Veggiemomx4 said...

LOL I am with S on this one :)

DisneyDina said...

That is just TOO funny!!!