10.27.2006

Mommy, why is the church man here?

Nothing like a visit from the preacher to really make you look at the way you're living. Right?

Hubby recently built a house that is right next door to our preacher's house. It's been finished for almost two months now and still no offers on it. We really need a contract on this house. So if you have any extra room in your prayers, a send up to the Big Man for an offer would be much appreciated!

So, when hubby built this house he and the preacher (JJ) put a fence up. Since JJ's house is next door, part of the fence is technically his. So he owed us a little bit of money for supplies. At church last Sunday he said he'd come by and drop off a check. Of course, we came home and made at least the front of the house presentable. He never showed up.

This afternoon was chaos. Marleigh had gone to her friends house to help her prepare for her birthday party. Then they showed up here to get some CD's to play. I was in the living room with the two of them making sure they chose appropriate music. Selah was in the living room watching tv and since we (Marleigh, her friend, and I) were talking she had it turned up really loud so she could hear it. Elliot and his friend who is spending the night were upstairs in the bonus room playing the X-Box. Of course they are screaming at the top of their lungs because you just can't paly X-Box silently. Then on the landing upstairs is Tess with her CD player blasting the High School Musical CD and singing at the top of her lungs. Like I said, it was chaos.

As I'm sitting in the living room with the girls I hear the doorbell ring. I fully expected it to be Marleigh's friend's father who had been waiting in his car outside. Instead, I hear Selah say, "Mommy, why is the church man here?"

I turn around to see our preacher in the door. There was nothing for me to say other than, "If you'd come by on Sunday, it would have been clean and quiet around here." He got a major taste for the real life in our house. Nice, huh? Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you blogging again...I cant be calling you everyday and interupting your craftiness now can I? Thanks for the post on mine, but I have to say it made me tear up a bit *darn it*. Sorry about the funk and the reces, and the church man showing up unanounced, LOL! Big hugs and prayers to you!