10.18.2006

Thank goodness that's over

Today's was Tess' last trip to the pediatric dentist in Oklahoma City. This was our 5th trip and it's just not any fun at all. Poor little Tess inherited Mommy's icky teeth. At her first ever trip to the dentist she had 7 cavities. Then when we went for more x-rays it turned out there were 10. So we were referred to a pediatric dentist who was more equipped to handle the amount of work that needed to be done.

After all was said and done, Tess has a total of 7 silver crowns on back molars as well as the enamel colored crowns on her two front teeth that she got today. $2500 on teeth that will fall out in the next 5 years. Nice, huh? Not so much.

In the beginning I gave her a weeks notice that she had an appointment coming up. Then she spent the next week being a huge terror knowing that the countdown was on. So then I tried telling her just the day before. That was almost worst. Well, until I just showed up in the parking lot without giving her any warning at all. That's when she looked around and said, "Why awe we herwah?!" That was way worse. I had to basically tackle her just to get her out of the car.

So I told her yesterday that her last appointment was today. She wouldn't get out of bed this morning. Then as we got closer to the office she got more and more upset. Until we were pulling onto the street of the dentist's office and she announced, "I don't want to go to da dentist. It feels like day awe widing a bike on my teef!" Never heard that one before. Poor thing.

Ah well, at least it's over. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the next time we go for a cleaning she doesn't have another 10 cavities.

No comments: