1.06.2007

13 point how-many-miles did you say?!

There's no way. I'm thinking of all the awful illnesses and/or injuries I could come down with between now and April 29th. A half-marathon. Seriously, what was I thinking? I know what I was thinking. I was thinking that I'd prove all those people who think I can't do it wrong. Problem is, they may just be right.

I haven't thrown in the towel just yet. I have walked every day since the 2nd, which was my start date. The first couple of days I just did it on the treadmill. Then Hubby joined me after work on Thursday and Friday for a 2+ mile run/walk around the neighborhood. I'd love to say that I can run 2 miles but I can't. I have to stop to walk periodically. Unless it's downhill. Downhill running is my favorite. I feel so fast! Aren't I just pitifull! Today I did run a full consecutive mile before stopping, which I guess is an accomplishment. I just don't see how I can go from 1 mile to 13.1 in this lifetime, let alone before April 29th.

I'm hoping to lose some weight with this whole running endeavor. I've put on my fair share of pounds over the holidays and used "I'll be training for a half-marathon" as an excuse to overeat. Not cool. Now I'm big and the new pants I have to wear (scrubs, like a real doctor!) for my new job I start on Monday are showing the new dimples in my back side. Again, not cool. It seems as though I can either eat right and not exercise...or exercise but not eat right. I'm not sure how to do both things together. It's like my body and mind just won't let me do it. I'm hoping that this part time job will get me out of the house just enough to keep me away from the fridge and snacking all day long without any little eyes watching me. I can't stand when the kids tell on me. "We had cookies but Mommy ate them all." Not cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so exciting Margo!!!! I will be rooting for you from the sidelines while eating my bon bons.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.