1.23.2007

Just stuff

Lots to catch up on here!

My new job is going well. I am really enjoying it and like the people I work with for the most part. It's just enough hours that I can get out of the house and not be out spending money. Which is a good thing.

Tomorrow I'll be visiting one of the doctor's I work for but as a patient. After just a week and a half or so of running my left knee started hurting quite a bit. So I stopped for a couple days hoping that I'd just overworked it or something but it's still hurting. I know I said in my last entry that I was hoping for an injury but I take that back now. Hubby is still going strong and I have to say I'm a bit jealous. I want to run! Hopefully the doctor can tell me what is wrong and I can get right back into it and still do the run in April.

In other news, I started Weight Watchers last week. I have always done low carb eating which (when I stick to it) really seems to work well for me. But with the exercising I know my body needs some of the carbs I wasn't getting. So for a week or so I tried to just eat healthy and I couldn't do it. I needed someone to tell me what I could and couldn't have and how much of it was ok. Today will be my first weigh in. I'm actually looking forward to getting on the scale and seeing what it says!

Marleigh got braces a couple weeks ago. It's still a little odd seeing her smile. It takes some getting used to. She's doing great with them though and when it's all done she'll have beautiful straight teeth. At least she'd better after the chunk of change we're dropping for those things! This past weeked she had a volleyball tournament and her team ended up placing first! Last year, they were always the worst team at all the tournaments so this is quite a change. Hubby hadn't been able to see the new team play this year so he was especially excited to see the improvement they have made. Go Aces!

The kids went back to school on the 8th which was our 13th anniversary. Hard to believe it's been that long! That was also my first day of work. That Friday we had a big ice storm move in that caused all sorts of havoc. We actually got mostly sleet but many areas of the state got freezing rain which downed power lines and people are still without power because of it. I can't imagine! The following Monday was MLK day so the kids were out that day. But because of the 3 inches of sleet on the ground that thawed just enough every night to refreeze and cause the streets to be incredibly slick the next day, they ended up being out of school until Friday! I'll tell you, last week was L O N G. Lucikly, the weather guys who thought we'd get up to a foot of snow this past weekend were wrong and it ended up just raining all day Saturday. So no more snow days. Thank goodness.

So hopefully we're finally back to normal after the holidays and all the snow days and I can get back to doing what I do.

No comments: