10.22.2007

Random Ramblings

It's a rainy Monday here in Oklahoma and I'm feeling it. Just sort of seems like nothing has gone quite right so far today and although I'm hoping it will improve I'm not counting on it.

First of all, the family all headed out to OSU's Homecoming walk around on Friday and I took a ton of photos that I wanted to share here. Of course, I haven't had a chance to put them on so I spent too much time this morning getting them ready to upload to flickr. Then I figured I'd post from work, because otherwise I'd have to actually do real work and who wants to do that? After a good 20 minutes of resizing and entering into the upload box I hit the upload button and then *poof*. Everything was gone. Not sure what happened but I didn't have time to sit there and do it all over again.

Tess complained about her throat hurting this morning and was being extra whiney. She wasn't running a fever but I hated that I had to just go ahead and drop her off at school with her feeling cruddy just because I have to come to work. I told her to have her teacher call me if she didn't start feeling better. I'm sure she's fine but I still feel bad that I couldn't make sure she was fine before sending her off to school.

Then there is my credit card mystery. It's disappeared. I used it at lunch time Thursday and on Friday I realized it wasn't in my wallet. Actually, my boss used it on Thursday when she ran to Subway to grab lunch for us. She remembers handing it back to me but I've gone through everything, including the trash and it's no where to be found. There are no new charges on it which leads me to believe I've stuck it somewhere safe and no one else has it. But until I find it I'm just sort of out of luck in the money department.

And the big kicker is that Selah's halloween costume isn't going to come. I ordered it on the 6th of October and it said it was backordered until the 12th. Then I get an email saying that it will be shipping out on the 18th instead of the 12th. I called the beginning of last week to make sure it really would ship out on the 18th. They said it would. This morning the order tracking says that it still hasn't shipped so I called to check on it and was told that they are completely out of stock and it will not be shipping. Um, seriously? What the heck am I supposed to do now that Halloween is a week away?

AND... OH. MY. GOODNESS. It's a good thing that I decided to write in my blog. And it's a good thing that I didn't just go ahead and cancel my order when I spoke to the company on the phone a few mintues ago. While looking for the link to add to my post here I decided to add the item to my cart and see what it said as far as being backordered. Imagine my surprise when it let me order the costume and it said "in stock". Oh no you di'nt! I called them back and told them what was going on and this time I was told that the items were in and were being processed. Um, how come I was just told that I wouldn't be receiving the costume at all?

I'm supposed to have it by Thursday. So help me if that costume doesn't show up!

Wonder what other wonderful things will happen today.

No comments: