10.30.2007

Walk Around - Finally!



Go Pokes!

Ok, so I've been a serious slacker blogger lately. I have a long list of things to blog and now I'm all behind. It stresses me out. Seriously.

So this is my story about our OSU Homecoming from nearly 2 weeks ago now. I haven't been to the walk-around since Marleigh and Elliot were little bitty. So we decided this year that it would be fun to go. Especially since little Selah got to help do some pomping on one of the house decks.

OSU has a huge homecoming celebration and it's one of the biggest and most celebrated in the nation. We're all about partying!

Marleigh was away at camp during this time but I took the little girls into the Gamma Phi house where I (and my mom before me!) used to live. Here I am with my two smallest legacies outside of the GPhiB house!



And on a side note, can I just say that I have a college work study here at my office and she along with a few other girls have said that my sweet Gamma Phi house is not sportin' the best reputation in town these days. It makes me so sad! Something about a significant member

So each of the sororities and fraternities pair up and make this huge house deck that is judged. Some of the houses also participate in floats for the parades. The dorms all do house decks and floats as well but the walk around is generally focused in the greek housing area. The hours put into these displays are just incredible. Members are generally required to put in so many hours of pomping each week leading up to Homecoming. It's amazing! Here is just a sampling of some of the house decks that we saw that night...













Here's a shot of the back of one of the house decks. They are made out of chicken wire and pomping is when you shove all these little pieces of tissue paper in to make the design. Seriously, it's amazing!



I know, I know. This is a long post but I'm still not done! I'm close though!

Selah's small group leader at church just happens to be the house mom and the Kappa Delta house. One Wednesday before homecoming the small group got to go have dinner at the house and then they got to go and pomp. She had a blast! Here she is in front of the deck she helped make!



And just for good measure and because he's too cute. (I know, I'm the mom so I have to say that but seriously. Isn't he handsome!) Here's one of Elliot that night. ;)



Hope you enjoyed OSU Homecoming through me!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Thanks! Yes, I DID enjoy reliving my OSU Homecoming days through you and our win over K-State made it just perfect!!!

Margo said...

No kidding Jana! Go POKES! :)