11.01.2007

How slow can I be?

Seriously. Ever have one of those light-bulb-hit-yourself-in-the-head moments? Yep, that's me. I'm a dork.

So I'm here at work, pretending to be busy typing away on the computer. Intently looking at the screen as if I'm trying to solve all the world's mental health problems through our own little community mental health center here. Of course, I'm actually messing around on the computer. Hitting all my favorite sites and checking in on all my buddies.

So I end up over on my friend Megan's blog seeing what she's up to today. She has this terrific post about a giveaway for an incredible apron over on The Apronista Blog. The featured apron catches my eye so I head over there to check it out.

Now the Apronista is a blog I hear mention of often. I'm not a big apron wearer. Mostly because I think you have to cook to wear aprons and when your cooking consists of asking the kiddos where they want to go out to eat it's not really cooking now is it. Doesn't quite make sense to wear an apron just to wipe your greasy french-fry covered hands on it. Ya know? I do love aprons though, something about the flood of memories of my Grandma in her kitchen frying up a chicken I just watched her pluck the feathers from or helping her thread the dough through her very old school noodle machine so we could have her scrumptious noodle soup with homemade butterballs. Great memories!

Anywho...so I'm over on the Apronista and a blurb to the side catches my eye. It says, "~Eren is a mama to three boys and loves all that is vintage. She started collecting aprons..." Now I'm thinking to myself, "Self, that sounds like it must be my Eren they are talking about!" My sweet little amiga I met my freshman year of college, and became fast friends with? My Gamma Phi sister? The friend who cried with me when my mom passed away and rejoiced with me at my wedding and the birth of my first child? No way! I knew she was an apron fan and I figured maybe they were featuring her or something.

I scroll up on the page to see what sort of feature they have her on for. Imagine my surprise when... Lightbulb moment... DUH!

She is the Apronista! Or at least, she's one of them. Who knew?! Apparently not me!

Go get 'em Eren, you rock. And I seriously feel like I know someone famous now. *smooch*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, Im all teary now at the thought of how long we have been friends and even though we havent seen each other in ages, we really have seen each other through a lot. *smooch* right back atcha

Chicky said...

Hi! It's the other Apronista! That is so funny...it's like Eren has an alter-ego...mommy by day, Caped Apron Crusader by night!

Margo said...

Holy cow! I've been blessed with a visit from both Apronista's! Does this make ME famous now? Please? ;) We really have been friends a long time Eren! And Domestic Chicky, come back anytime. Any friend of the Caped Apron Crusader is a friend of mine. ;)

Anonymous said...

Of course! Any friend of Eren's... :)

PS-I LOVE your bag!