5.18.2007

Back on dry land

Well, my plan was to update each days events on my blog. But then I realized that over seas rates applied to my internet time. At $2.95/minute I decided I would catch up when I got back. ;)

I did hand write my blog each day and will update that when I return home. For now though we are back on dry land, although it seems to be spinning. We had to get up early this morning to get off the ship. Then there was lots of waiting and whining while we got our luggage, waited for a shuttle, waited for our rental car, and drove back to our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Selah got car sick on the way which is always fun.

We spent most of the day today by the pool. Hubby went for a run and came back to tell me that they had already started the Firefighter Challenge festivities. Apparently it's some big huge thing that is going on all weekend and for some reason Hubby mentioned that there were "booths" set up. That's pretty much all I needed to here so Selah, Marleigh and I headed over to check out said booths and I got some great stuff at this one ladies table. She made the most amazing sterling jewelry. I got her card and will have to share her website. We chatted for a bit and she even mentioned that she taught classes but of course she only does them here in Florida. Shucks!

So for now, we're back on dry land. The kiddos have all crashed and I'm getting ready to head to sleepy town myself. We're hoping for sun tomorrow morning before we have to check out and head back to our normal life. Should be an interesting week getting back into the swing of things.

No comments: