5.12.2007

Um, oops

How has it been over a month since I last posted? I really don't know. Most of April and May up until this point seem to be a blur. Every single weekend was filled with birthday's, parties, piano, soccer, volleyball, and everything in between. It's been a whirlwind couple of months and I still feel like we just took down the Christmas tree. How is it already the middle of May?

I need to do an update about my genetic counseling appointment. I believe I mentioned it here when I first scheduled it. I had the appointment and now know more. I also need to update about our first half marathon that I'm proud to say I finished! And of course my Weight Watchers journey.

But tonight I'm going to blog about our first ever "real" family vacation. Today is day 1 of said vacation and although it's only 7:37 pm local time I am getting ready to hit the hay. I may have to drug the kids to convince them to let me go to sleep.

I had to work yesterday morning and then I spent the rest of the day, evening, and into the wee morning hours finishing up on packing and cleaning the house before we left. Hubby and I didn't get to sleep till nearly 2 am and the alarm went off this morning at 4:15. Not cool, not cool at all.

To add to the fun, I had a migraine yesterday and luckily I had picked up some samples from work. I had two more left and decided to bring one of them with me on our trip "just in case". I haven't had a migraine in months but I figured yesterday's was brought on by stress and it was possible I might have another this week although I didn't think I really would. Better safe than sorry, right. Well, me and no sleep don't get along. Add that to the stress and apparently that is my personal recipe for a killer migraine. My head hurt as soon as I woke up this morning and I took some Aleve hoping to take the edge off. Unfortunately, by the time we arrived at our final destination it was a full blown migraine complete with nausea and the desire to hammer a hole in my head for some relief. I broke down and took my only pill and now I'm just going to cross my fingers that I don't have another one.

So the kids had their first plane ride today and they loved it. We've driven to Colorado before to visit my Dad and we've taken some long weekend trips to Texas. But other than that the kids haven't ever had a "real" vacation. So when Hubby earned some frequent flyer miles we decided to get busy planning. We flew to Ft. Lauderdale today and will spend the next two nights here. Monday we will hop aboard the Majesty of the Sea's for 5 days visiting Nassau, Key West, and Cococay. Fun!

Everyone did great on the plane for the most part. It's so much fun watching the kiddos experience new things and this week is going to be chalk full of them! Elliot had some trouble with his ears and I hated that I couldn't fix it for him. He was swallowing and chewing as much as he could but his left ear was really bothering him. Selah was the only one with any real fear prior to flying. She had a little bit of a panic attack as we sat waiting to take off but as soon as we were safely in the air and she realized it wasn't so bad she was fine.

When we got here we picked up our rental car and then headed to our hotel. The kids were anxious to swim in the ocean for the first time. Actually, Elliot and Marleigh have been in the ocean before but they were so small I don't think they really remember it. We took them down and Hubby swam with them while I stood by and watched, capturing their smiles and screams of pure glee on film and in my mind. They were just loving it! After about 30 minutes we headed to the hotel pool and spent an hour or so hanging out there before we came up to our room.

Now it looks like we're winding down. In the time it's taken me to type out this entry all four kiddos have asked me if they could go to bed. So off I go to clear the suitcases away and tuck them all in so that I can hit the hay myself. Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I'm looking forward to spending the day relaxing and watching my children love life!

1 comment:

The Six of Us said...

Genetic counseling??? I don't recall you mentioning that here. I hope everything is okay.