5.13.2007

Mother's Day in Florida

I had a great Mother's Day today. Hubby and the two oldest kiddos went to breakfast and I stayed in bed trying to catch up on my sleep. When they came back they woke me up by opening the blinds and screaming "Happy Mother's Day!" I opened my eyes to find them standing there with a tray full of breakfast for me. While I sat and ate, I opened up all their cards they made in school and the ones that Hubby got for me.

After breakfast Hubby and I went on a run. Now there's something I never thought I would want to do for Mother's Day! We went about 40 minutes so we should have gotten in about 3 miles. I felt great for the first 20 minutes but after that I started going downhill. It's just so hot and humid here I got a bit overheated and started feeling sort of dizzy. Luckily, after getting back and drinking a bottle of water I felt a lot better.

Then we went down to the beach. Elliot and Marleigh got boogie boards from the hotel and had a lot of fun playing in the waves with them. Tess and Selah aren't nearly as fond of the beach and the ocean but they tolerated it long enough for us all to have some fun before we headed over to the pool.

I did step on a shell at the beach though and shoved in through my foot. That didn't feel so hot. I had to send Hubby up to the room to get my tweezers so I could dig it out. Ouch!

We hung out at the pool for a long time and then went back to the room to take showers and get dressed. Then we found a Target and a Walgreens. I was able to get in touch with a friend of mine who happens to also be on a cruise this week. Her husband is a doctor and she's also traveling with one of my bosses who is a doctor. They called the Walgreens for me so I now have more migraine meds for any more awful days that may come on our vacation. I have had a headache all day today actually but luckily it hasn't escalated to the migraine that I had the last two days.

While we were gone it was nice but I guess it poured here at the hotel. We were away just long enough for the storm to come through and move on which was nice. We let the kids swim a bit more this evening while Hubby and I enjoyed some drinks and now we're all back up in the room relaxing a bit before bed.

We can't get on the ship tomorrow until 3 so we'll probably swim again in the morning before packing everything up and heading over to Miami. We're all anxious to see the ship and explore!

1 comment:

The Six of Us said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day and a great vacation! I'm glad you're all having fun there. :)