5.22.2008

And so it begins



Apparently the kids called hubby several times this morning to tattle on each other. He got each one of them on the phone and told them that if we needed to we would make a rule where they sat in a room by themselves all day long while we were working and they could just read a book. That seemed to get them motivated to be nicer to each other. At least for a little bit.

Right around noon Madi called to say that Eli was being really rotten. Apparently he was making himself Ramen for lunch and Sadie asked if he would make her some too. Would that be much trouble? I mean, it's just boiling extra water ya know? Well he refused too and was being a turd so Madi called me. I asked to talk to him and he gets on the phone and says he was going to have Ramen but then he decided not to because he thinks since Madi is the babysitter she should make him lunch. Are you kidding me?! I told him that he needed to help out too and he balked about how Madi was going to be getting paid so he shouldn't have to do anything so I said if he helped out as much as Madi was going to then I'd pay him too.

Then get this, in the worst-ever na-ne-na-ne-boo-boo voice he says, "Well, how
much are you going to pay me?!"

I'm not sure we're going to make it through this summer.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

You can always send Eli over to my house for the day if you want. Nick would love to have a friend around and Madi would have one less child to "babysit." And you WILL make it through the summer. You've got your trip to Vermont next weekend, then they always have the week with their grandparents and then summer will be over. Joel's mom worked fulltime and they had a pool and he and his older brother used to hang their brother by his ankles over the pool and threaten him if he didn't do their chores. She worked in a law firm and was 30 minutes away. Guess it could be worse. Anyway, hang in there. Do you think you could get away for an hour on Saturday and run around Boomer? Let me know...that is if we don't have a tournament.

Margo said...

Thanks for the offer to bring Eli over to you. Part of me feels bad that you felt you had to offer. The other part wonders if you'd even notice another child with all yours plus Trey, Abe, and Angela. Yes, sounds like it could be much worse! No tourney tomorrow (YEAH!) so I'd love to run with ya. Although, no laughing at my slowness. I think you secretly think I'm just acting like I'm slow but seriously...I'm slow.

Anonymous said...

Okay - how many fights did we get in (you, me and Matt??)... had to be tons. Maybe the rule should just be that they have to learn to solve their problems themselves and not call you or Hubby to complain every time they're upset. I don't remember calling Mother much, do you? In fact, the only time I can remember calling her was to tell her that I'd finally figured out the words that she and I couldn't understand in a Garth Brooks song - she seemed a bit bothered by the call. Tee hee.

Anyway, you WILL make it - and your friend is right... it could be worse. You're very close to home, and so is Brad, which is nice.

I don't think you should be paying either of them - it's part of their duties as the older kids to watch the younger ones. Of course, I may be a bit biased, seeing as I'm the baby of the family. :-)

Hey - as long as they're not making homemade pretzels, they're all good!