5.24.2008

Tiny Dancer


Madi took tap and ballet classes when she was about 4 or 5 but only lasted a year before I realized it just wasn't her thing. Sadie is my super girly-girl and I put her in tap and ballet a couple years ago but ended up pulling her out after just a couple of months. At the time, she was just too self-conscience about messing up and not doing things the right way. But boy did she like looking at herself in the mirror!

So this year she decided she really wanted to try dance again. Only she didn't want to do tap and ballet. She wanted jazz and hip hop. So we did it. And she loved it! She may be the only child to inherit my rhythm. At least one of them did!




Last weekend was her dance recital and she just loved it. She was really nervous the week before and was worried about how many people would be watching her. I assured her that because of the lights she wouldn't be able to see much more than the first couple of rows. After her rehearsal she was so excited to tell me that I was right. Of course I was sweetie! *grin*

Nana and Grandpa came up for the special event and we all got dressed up to watch our own little Tiny Dancer. She did a great job. I picked her up backstage after her second dance was done and although everyone else was ready to head home she wanted to stay and watch the "big girls" dance a bit. She didn't last long because she was so tired but the small amount of time that we stayed she was a joy to watch. She just loved it!



Her face when we gave her flowers (from us and then Nana and Grandpa) was just amazing. It sure has paid off to have worked at a flower shop back in college. I still have my connections and Steve at Little Shop of Flowers totally came through. They were gorgeous!

In the car on the way home she told me she wanted to do more than just jazz and hip hop next year. Now she wants to add tap and ballet in too. As well as staying on the SYFA cheer squad. Wow. We're gonna be busy. She is definitely all girl!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Does she cheer for the SYFA football team? I just signed Zack up for that today. Margo -- she is soooo gorgeous. She gets it from her mom. Beautiful picture of you to!

Sometimes I wish I could dress up a girl, but I guess putting black makeup under Zack's eyes this fall will have to do it!

Margo said...

Awww, you're sweet. ;) Yep, she cheers for SYFA football. She did it last year and has been just NAGGING me to sign her up again. I'm going to have Tea do it too because they'll be on the same squad. I think Zack is on an older team. But stick Andrew on there and then we can sit in the stands together again! Anytime you get the urge to dress up a girl come on over! :)

This Idaho Girl said...

So this is what I have to look forward to with girls? She is gorgeous and so are you (although not quite as beautiful as your cartoon picture).

Margo said...

Christina, yep this is what you have to look forward to. Times 2! LOL Actually, it just depends. I truly am amazed that I have 3 girls and they are all so different. My other two have no desire to dance. So you just never know!

Thanks for the compliments on my pic. The cartoon character looks more like the real me though. ;)

Brooke said...

So much for our run/walk during the weekend. I'm not very motivated I guess. You are leaving Thursday, right? I hope you'll be at the game on Wednesday. I wish it was a double header. When you get back from Vermont we ARE going to go out. Do you have any desire to see Sex and the City? We could always just go to Texas Roadhouse or something.

Margo said...

We leave to go to Collinsville on Thursday night and our plane leaves early on Friday. I never watched Sex in the City but I'd totally watch the movie with you. Let's make it a date! I'll definitely be there Wednesday night to cheer our team to victory. Um, or just chat with you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! I love those pictures!!! You two are such beautiful brown-eyed girls! It makes me sad - I always hoped I'd have a brown-eyed girl, and at the rate things are going, if I have any kiddos at all, they won't have brown eyes (genetically impossible, what with my baby blues and Brian's gorgeous greens).

She really does look like you - the one who looks the most like you, I think. Someone asked me not long ago if the kids looked alike and if they looked like you. I had trouble answering them. I mean, I know what they look like, but to me, none of them look like anyone but themselves (except for little She-li, I guess) - they're all unique and all gorgeous!!!

And, I'm jealous of your friend Brooke - I want to be able to walk around Boomer Lake with you!! I miss my sister!

Anonymous said...

I take it back, I think Madi looks like you, too, but it's so hard to compare you two, because her coloring is so much like, well - like her Minnie's! Guess that's why I never think we look alike, either (well, that and the height difference).

Jana said...

Those are WONDERFUL pics of you girls!!!!!!!!