5.15.2008

May 15



How is it that when you're a child the time just creeps by but then as we get older years are gone in the blink of an eye? I'll never understand that. Today marks 15 years since my Mother passed away. Looking back through the May 15th entries here on my blog it seems as though the most common word or phrase I have when talking about how long she's been gone is just "wow". That's how I still feel. Fifteen years. Wow.

Coming back from Madi's volleyball tournament back in February, we stopped in Tulsa to eat and I decided to make a visit to the cemetary. I hadn't been there in years and my children have never been there. At least not that they can remember. I had Madi, Eli and Sadie with me and they were all so sweet. I told them some stories about the Grandma they never got to meet and how much fun they would have had with her. They asked questions both about her life and her death and it was just nice to talk with them about her in a way that we hadn't really done ever before.



I've been thinking a lot lately about the whole BRCA gene issue that I
discussed a few weeks ago. I received my copy of Jessica Queller's new book and have now finished reading it. In her book she mentions the FORCE website and I have since been there to look around. I'm still uncertain as to what steps I want to take but I plan on getting as much information as I can and making a decision soon. I just know that I want to be here for my kids and my future grandkids. I want to be with Brad as long as I can. I don't want my life ended early by something I could possibly prevent.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Love your blog Margo. Doesn't time go by too quickly! Fifteen years seems like a huge amount of time but it really isn't. I also can't believe we have teenagers! Craziness. Craziness.

Brooke said...

LOve the picture of you and your mom. She's beautiful. I am so impressed with your strength and your ability to do all you do. I know I'm being sappy, but you really are an inspiration without realizing it!

Margo said...

Thanks Brooke! :)

vintagechica said...

Oh Margo...it doesn't seem like 15 years. Man, we're getting old. I have such great memories of you mom. She was such a funny lady and had a wonderful spirit about her. You have a lot of the same qualities. Good for you for being so proactive about it all. (sniff) Now I'll wipe the tears away from my face.

xxooxxoo

E