7.08.2007

Change is good


Change
Originally uploaded by margo_stewart
Right?

Well, I'm not one for change. Never have been. My office has been going through a lot of changes lately. New computer program, co-workers leaving, new employees. You name it, it seems to be happening at my office. I don't like it.

I don't like the change happening with my children. I want them to stay little, to just freeze time. I should be happy that they are growing and thriving and I am. But I know that with each passing day they are that much closer to growing up and leaving me. What if I'm not done with them yet?

The change I see happening with my parents is scary. My mom has passed away but there's my Dad and Step-Mom and my Step-Dad who are all big pieces of my life. I seem to have successfully frozen them in time, keeping them all at an age that is much younger then they are now. Then I'll talk with one of them on the phone or see them and I realize that just like my children, they have aged. They've changed. Change I just don't want to deal with.

This photo was taken on our trip in May. I love it because it reminds me of what God is capable of. This morning at church the sermon was the last in a series about the intersection of Life and Faith. I was reminded that God is reliable. That He is the constant in this world that is ever changing. I may not be able to control everything. And things are bound to change and become uncomfortable, mostly right when I finally think I have it all figured out. But to know that my God has been and will be there through it all is certainly comforting.

As the service ended today Marleigh was taken up front with her youth pastor. A couple weeks ago while at camp she was baptized and today she declared her decision publicly in front of our congregation. Yet another change, my baby girl growing up and making decisions on her own. This was, of course, one of those decisions that I didn't have to argue with her about. I'm so proud of her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, except for a couple of tidbits of that, that sounds alot like us right now! The growing up is scary and seeing my aging parents is terrifying. The picture from the cruise is beautiful- great shot!

Your blog looks great btw. Glad you got your bugs worked out.

Steph