7.12.2007

Sew productive!



So I have this huge list of things that I really would like to get done around here. One of them is to find uses for all of the scraps and remnants that I have laying all around this place. It's a bit overwhelming, considering the seriousness of my fabric addiction. It's bad.

I got this great book by Amy Karol of The Angry Chicken. I just found her blog last week and can I just say I love her and she's not at all angry! I had some orders to work on today so while I did that I supervised Marleigh making Amy's No Cash Wallet from her book.



This was her first real sewing project to do on her own. I helped her just a smidge but I'm so proud of what she did. She liked it so much that she ended up making a second one and even bent the rules a bit more and changed it up a bit all on her own! Bonus: She used a bunch of my scraps!









Aren't those cute! She has a school trip to Italy next spring break and is really hoping to go. I told her we'd need to start saving money and she's all bummed out that she's only 12 and can't get a job. (Remember those days? When you were too young to have a job and hated it. Man, I'd love to be there again!) I'm considering letting her open an Etsy shop and the two of us can put goodies in there to help fund her trip. Whaddya think?

While she was working I made two aprons for my friend. She's been taking an annual trip with her Hubby to visit friends in Connecticut that have two little girls. Last time they went, her Hubby spent a fair share of his time there playing kitchen with the girls. So she ordered aprons for each of the girls from me. I love the colors in the fabrics she chose.



Feels good to have those done. Now I just have to get them monogrammed for her. And I'm getting ready to cut out some fabric for some PrettyMat orders that I desperately need to get done.

All in all, a very productive sewing day. Go me!

No comments: