7.18.2007

Major changes

Oh. My. Goodness.

Can I first just say that I had nearly my whole entire entry typed out and then lost it somehow. Who knows what on earth I hit but it deleted everything.

Not to worry right? Because "Now Blogger saves your drafts automatically!" Unless you delete them accidentally. Whatever. I'll just start over.

So anyway...

One of my favorite little co-workers left my office a few weeks ago because she was offered a full time position with great benny's and it was a lot less stress than our current situation. She's a single mom. Would have been stupid to turn it down.

I talked to her on her first day at the new job. She joked about how weird it was to have so much responsibility and how the following day she would be interviewing applicants for her receptionist. She said, "I wish you could work full time because it would be so cool to have you here with me."

Well, I don't want to work full time. Right? I'm not ready to be a full time worker who isn't home when her kids get home from school. Not ready for full time. So not ready.

Then I mentioned to Hubby that she was looking for a receptionist. He perked up immediately , wondering about the pay. Bless his heart. For so many years he's basically worked 2 full time jobs to support our family. And he saw the light at the end of the tunnel with the possibility of me bringing in an actual income.

So last week I went and interviewed for this position. I'd be the secretary to the director of the med clinic for a non-profit mental health agency. Just so happens that the director is my buddy. ;)

Well, today I heard that they wanted to officially offer me the position. Yee haw! 40 hours/week with a salary. Super cool. Of course I told them yes. I should have a final start date tomorrow when I talk to my current office manager and find out my final day at my current job.

So now of course I'm freaking out. What on earth am I going to do with my kids when I'm at work? What will they do after school when I'm still at work? How will I get them to their piano/volleyball/gymnastics/cheer practices? Ugh. It's too overwhelming.

I need to order extra bon bons.

No comments: