11.14.2007

Costumes and such

Well, it's about time right? For those of you waiting anxiously for Halloween photos of the kiddos I sure hope you aren't disappointed. I generally make all the costumes but this year I wimped out and every single one of them was purchased. I'm telling ya, this working full time thing is really putting a damper on my sewing! Although after finding this wonderful site I don't feel the least bit guilty that I haven't shared these photos yet. Yep, blogging without obligation. That's what I'm gonna do.

So this year we went to our church to trick-or-treat inside. It was loads of fun and the kids enjoyed themselves. Marleigh actually went on a hayride with her youth group at church, she's just about getting to old for the whole trick-or-treating. *sniff sniff* Not sure how my babies are growing so fast!

So here's what we had this year...

Marleigh decided the night before Halloween that she would like to have a costume after all. So at the last of last minutes we headed out and picked up this very groovey outfit.



Elliot and his buddy hooked up together and went as ketchup and mustard. They were pretty cute and Elliot enjoyed pretending to squirt himself onto other people that night.



Selah was, as she told everyone, a "grease girl". Basically she was Sandi from the last scene in Grease. *snicker* I tried to get her to say, "Tell me about it, Stud!" but she wouldn't play along. While I was getting her ready in my bathroom Elliot walked in and said, "Um, hello big long fake eyelashes!" Funny thing was they were actually her eyelashes with mascara on them!



Then we had little Tess who wore Selah's Wonder Woman costume from a couple years ago. She enjoyed waving those arm cuffs around to get the bad guys.



Lots of fun! Now next year maybe I can get organized enough to make the costumes again. Ya think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Your Wonder Woman is ALL legs!!!! I can't believe how much she's grown... is she going to be as tall as Minnie at Thanksgiving?? Also, I love the Grease Girl, even if she was disappointed that her outfit had nude fabric and wasn't actually off the shoulder...

Doctor Family said...

We need to set up a costume hand me down program. I'm sure Elle would be thrilled to have this lot in stock for future festivities. I'm still impressed even if you didn't sew each one of them.

Margo said...

Yeah, Wonder Woman has long legs and Grease Girl likes to show some skin. LOL

Thanks for the compliments girls!